Friday, December 7, 2012

Waxwing galore continues

Three days ago I have spotted my first ever flock of Waxwings. We estimated total of 100 birds. Day later it was around 250 birds and today after careful counting of dots on a photo their number have arisen to 700 birds. As we visited site yesterday we found Black-throated Diver on Danube. I took the spotting scope and wanted to make some video of it but it was gone. There was only one Great Cormorant left.
Great Cormorant (Phalacrocorax carbo)
I turned back to the parking place near Arena theatre, the site of Waxwings presence in last days. It was again beautiful time as I observed them more than hour. I tried to make some photos and videos again. I have only smartphone so I'm combining it with the optics of the spotting scope. Here are the results - photos were cropped with little bit enhance of brightness and contrast.
Detailed videos are made the same "digiscoping" way.
List of observed birds this afternoon:
Great Cormorant (Phalacrocorax carbo)
Black-headed Gull (Chroicocephalus ridibundus)
Common Gull (Larus canus)
Feral Pigeon (Columba livia f. domestica)
Collared Dove (Streptopelia decaocto)
Middle Spotted Woodpecker (Dendrocopos medius)
Jackdaw (Coloelus monedula)
Rook (Corvus frugilegus)
Hooded Crow (Corvus cornix)
Waxwing (Bombycilla garrulus)
Great Tit (Parus major)
Blue Tit (Cyanistes caeruleus)
Nuthatch (Sitta europaea)
Blackbird (Turdus merula)
Redwing (Turdus iliacus)
Mistle Thrush (Turdus viscivorus)
Bullfinch (Pyrrhula pyrrhula)

No comments:

Post a Comment