Thursday, December 13, 2012

Dúbravka winter surroundings

Just another walk in the forest. It is under snowy blanket for last few days. Perfect time to spot some woodpeckers. I was lucky today and recorded 4 different species: Green(1 bird), Great Spotted(4), Middle Spotted(1) & Lesser Spotted Woodpecker(2). In addition plenty of Nuthatches, 5 Jays, 2 Greenfinches and I had a glimpse of Great Grey Shrike. Three Roedeers ran along the path. When I came back to Dúbravka I decided to make a little detour. In a half an hour of urban birding I recorded 5 Bullfinches, 4  Chaffinches, both Sparrow species, usual winter Rooks and as a great surprise there was flock of 32 Waxwings. They were less than 250 meters from my flat. I've added them into my "Dúbravka birdlist".
[this post was made entirely in my phone, just want to check how it works and looks]

No comments:

Post a Comment