Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Afternoon bike birding in Petržalka

Forecast for the next days didn't look well, so I decided to take a bike ride to Petržalka. I checked Incheba building if I can spot Peregrine Falcon. It was there! Then I visited Lake Veľký Draždiak. Birds on this lake were really close as they are used to pedestrians. I had nice views of Mute Swans, Coots and Mallards. Great Crested Grebe appeared in the middle of the lake. Just few hundreds meters away is Lake Malý Draždiak with small wetland next to it. I found there 2 Mute Swans, 2 Coots, Little Grebe, Grey Heron and Great Egret. Jay and Green Woodpecker flew over my head.
Incheba exhibition complex
Peregrine Falcon (Falco peregrinus)
female Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) and Coot (Fulica atra)
male Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos) and Coot (Fulica atra) behind
female Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)
Coot (Fulica atra)
Mute Swans in the northern part of the lake
Mute Swan (Cygnus olor)
Lake Veľký Draždiak from southeastern bank
wetland next to the Lake Malý Draždiak
Great Egret (Egretta alba)
Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea)

No comments:

Post a Comment