Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday on Danube

Sunday's morning walk was oriented again on Danube. I visited Hrušovská zdrž water reservoir near Čunovo. I had several interesting sightings including lifer Wheatear or my first ever Slovak sightings of Grey Plover or Canada Goose. Despite higher water level Danube brought another wader species. Two Ospreys and young White-tailed Eagle flew over. Another reason why I need better camera than my smartphone and spotting scope used as a lens.
Probably Caspian Gull (Larus cachinnans). It can be Yellow-legged Gull as well. They are so similar.
Not very shy Canada Goose (Branta canadensis). Bird was reported in the area since late June after the large flood on Danube.
Juvenile Red-crested Pochard (Netta rufina). There were 5 youngsters.
There was colour-ringed Mute Swan (Cygnus olor). It was ringed in Hungary.
I tried to take the picture of my lifer Wheatear, but it didn't appear again. Only this juvenile Black Redstart (Phoenicurus ochruros).
Record shot of Common Snipe (Gallinago gallinago).
Three Grey Plovers (Pluvialis squatarola) and couple of Curlews (Numenius arquata)
Fire-bellied toad (Bombina sp.).
While photographing Fire-bellied Toad this bug landed on my tripod. Black and Red Bug (Lygaeus equestris).

No comments:

Post a Comment